Water Year 2003 Details
One report was published in WY 03
- Bauch, N.J., Malick, Matt, 2003, Limnology of Blue Mesa, Morrow Point, and Crystal Reservoirs, Curecanti National Recreation Area, during 1999, and a 25-Year Retrospective of Nutrient Conditions in Blue Mesa Reservoir, Colorado: U.S.Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 02-4199, 101p.
- pdf version of this report is
available in the "publications
Two UCOL surface water sites are part of the NAWQA Cycle II Trends Network (see map below). This network replaces the low intensity phase sampling network of NAWQA Cycle I.
- Site 09163500, Colorado River at Colorado-Utah state line is the outlet of the study unit. The site is an integrator for all land-use and anthropogenic affects on water quality.
- Dry Fork of Roan Creek, station
09095300, was chosen as a reference site for the Colorado
Plateau physiographic province. There is a small amount
of ranching in the basin, but the site is representative
of small streams in the Colorado Plateau. This site was
operated during the HIP of 1996-1998 and was reestablished
in November 2000 as part of the NAWQA surface water trends
Surface water samples were collected for
the analysis of nutrient, major ion, and pesticide (State Line
site) concentrations. Habitat and biological samples were collected
in August at the State Line and Dry Fork sites.
Surface water quality data collected at these sites were published in the 2003 Annual Data Report. This report is available as a group of pdf files.
- Colorado River at Colorado-Utah State Line page 80 of the pdf file
- Dry Fork of Roan Creek page 3 of pdf file
UCOL Trends Network Sampling Sites-WY 2003
PDF version of this map (270 KB)